Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Letter To My Next

I’m hoping my writing will be delivered with perfect timing

My Body clock says it’s a late storm

But I’m hoping you’re… ready to light me

Strike me

Like lightning

Little hater inside me knows I’m ready to fight me

Step outside me, brush aside me

Take residence and step against the not like me inside me

Let you set me on fire till I’m flashing brightly

Red Yellows Blues and Greens

Open my eyes to your ocean colour scene

So that I can read between the waves and motion

Wade in the water of devotion out from the sure

Find you and float in the real and the pure

I already know you’re demure, conscious and prized

I don’t have to throw lines for you to be caught by surprise

In the rule book of life we may have played on opposite sides of the law

Straight fly we know our flaws, know where the floor is

Love knows where the door is but only shows us the key

How you and I haven’t yet met when we’re meant to be?

All I wonder is how can we decide the main verse if we don’t even know the key

Life writes the interlude then the pre

Builds us through our history and creates our future

Establishes the true you

Defines a true me

Our lines have to cross and bind till you and I become a true we

I’m blind to you but I don’t stroll in the dark

We’re just two mammals making our way to the ark

I can’t say that we will be a walk in the park

Or a stroll on the promenade

Times may get hard but I know you are rich in value

We’ve got to value OUR values or there will be hitches

I want to bless and gain blessings through your riches

No name calling. No bastards, no bitches

Lets communicate and scratch itches

Hoping you and I don’t flee

Being hitched is what its made to be

I don’t say cracked because your love mendeth me

I am softer than concrete you are my rose

The rhythm pattern in my flows

You are more precious than ivory,

I’m tall but you heighten me

You are the nightlight and the sunrise

The words of the songbird my heart is talking through

Blood sweat and tears I’ll pour for you

See laborious minds make for victorious times

The moment we step on love

We just stepped on our time

Our landmines

Lets explode together

Touch the sky as we hold the clouds

Have our eyes look up not down

Dry eyes in the midst of a frown

Already a queen already crowned

Yet I want you to have my jewel, my seal

Hold you like shore is held by the sea

Surround you like an orange is its peel

You will be the only temptress to which I yield

True love only exposes

I bring more than a ring of roses

A heart that you can’t dispose of

The strength to strengthen you all over

To be with you I’ll be luckier than the Irish in a field of clover

Intoxicated yet sober

From Timbuktu to the white cliffs of Dover everyone will know the worst kept secret

Richly in love we are meant to be that

Athletic millionaire I may not be that

Subject of my art you can’t just be that

A mere portrait to expose this poets trait you can’t just be that

You are the doctrine

I believe that

A heavenly blessing I know I’ll see that

The real love in me you unleash that

Coffee and sugar we can be that

Cos we need each other can’t you see that?

Unstoppable force meets the immovable object

To me I hope you don’t object as we court

Play ball and enjoy the heat

Love never needs to beat, compare or compete

As long as we have love, friends and family

Faith, harmony in the sanctity of matrimony

No games geared towards getting paid via alimony

Baby and then a divorce

I’m in this for life even if times we stray off course

See life is life but on judgment day when I give that account for all

I want God and all of heaven to know

I was proud on earth to have been

Yours faithfully

No comments:

Post a Comment