Friday, December 25, 2009

The Spaniard.

You know immediately if someone can please you. I knew he could.

I sat next to him.

“Have you seen this movie?”, he asked, pointing to his laptop.

“I have.”

He began to talk. I had no idea what he was saying. Or, honestly, what movie he was watching. I couldn’t take my eyes off of his lips.

“I love this movie. Are you from here or just passing through?” The usual small talk. I was in.

“I live here. I’m going home for my birthday.”

The movie must have been about vampires, the conversation went that direction.

“You’re going where? Wait, I’m at the wrong gate! Oh, well, may I buy you a glass of blood while we wait?”

“Of course.”

We gathered our bags and relocated to the bar across from the gate. He was tall like My Lover. The mistake was sitting with our backs to the traffic because time, from that point, seemed to stand still. The crowd disappeared. We were in our own little bubble.

“How old are you?” he asked. “You said it’s your birthday.”

“36.” Here it comes. No one believes me when I say my age. I wish people wouldn’t ask.

“I’m 27.” He had that familiar questioning look on his face. He presented his ID to the bartender as he ordered two glasses of Pinot Noir. My favorite. How did he know?

“Happy Birthday.” The Goddess was tempting me. Happy Birthday indeed. I knew I should resist. But why? My Lover hadn’t resisted. He showed no guilt. No sign of conscience at all for consuming his temptations. Stop it Wednesday. It’s just a glass of wine. Awkward conversation.

I can’t tell you what words came after that. I couldn’t stop looking at him. His smooth skin. His bright eyes looking at me under those dark lashes. The energy coming from him had me more intoxicated than the wine I was drinking much faster than I needed to be. I hadn’t realized how close we were sitting until I felt the heat of his leg against mine.

He smelled like sex. We were closer now.

His lips were as soft as I’d imagined. Damn. I felt the heat crawl up my spine. I was wet. Oh yes, he can please me. We had turned to each other, his hands found my hips. My hand, the back of his neck. We sat there for what seemed like an eternity in a few moments. Tasting each other. Our breath had become one. Oh yes, he pleased me.

Oh shit.

“Final call for boarding for flight…” She has such a sense of humor!

We jumped up and hurried across the breezeway to the gate. I handed my boarding pass to the attendant without taking my eyes of him. He put his arms around me and kissed me again. My knees buckled.

“Have a safe flight. Happy Birthday!” He turned to go to his gate, then stopped and turned back to me holding out his hand.

“My name is… It was nice meeting you.”

Happy Birthday indeed. My hour with The Spaniard.

[Via http://witchwednesday.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment