Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Second Chances

Date of Date: Sunday, August 30th, 2009

So on Sunday, I went on a date with Old Greg.  I know that you’re wondering why I would, I mean after all, he’s Old Greg.  But for some reason or other, I may not have been completely interested in him, but I’m always willing to give someone a second chance.  I’m glad I did because Old Greg improved by a wide margin.  He was so much less like Old Greg, and more like… someone I hadn’t met before.  So, we went to the movies, and we saw some of the movie, but we really weren’t watching it because we were occupied with one another.

And after the movie, it was very late, and I stayed over at his place… again.  And this time, when I was at Old Greg’s place, I wanted to stay.  There were no love games… there was just passion, and kindness, and tenderness.  I realized that first dates can be intimidating, especially if you meet a person you’re attracted to.  While I was very attracted to Old Greg physically, physical appearance is not on the top of my list of the qualities of a man worth keeping.  So I asked him why he was so different , and he wasn’t sure.  But I think I know why.

Most people are nervous and even afraid of meeting new people.  The question, “Will he/she like me?”, can make people incredibly insecure, as with the case of Old Greg, and then they revert to Old Greg behaviors in their desperation to please the other person.  They try to sell the other person by advertising the qualities about themselves instead of just being who they are.

The second date is like a beacon of hope- the person obviously likes you enough to go on a second date with you, so the nervousness subsides;  the “please like me” symptoms begin to fade.  I really started to like Old Greg, and well, to be honest, the physical chemistry that we have helps a lot (he was seven inches long this time around… and my virginity is still in tact and will remain to be so for now).  I didn’t think I’d say this, but maybe Old Greg is a keeper… but I’ll still be playing the field.

Outcome: Keep for now, but not gonna get hopes up

Dates Left: still 99 (dates with the same people don’t count)

Tune in for the next blog,

Truth Sherwood

[Via http://ahundredways.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment